In the Mar/Apr 2017 issue of Associations Now magazine, there is an excellent article by Samantha Whitehorne called, Five Reasons to Consider Live Streaming Your Next Event. Here at TSN, we have the capabilities to do live streaming and I agree with Samantha, there are some really great reasons to use it!
Samantha states the following five reasons that I am heavily paraphrasing:
- Increase future attendance – If someone gets to see what they are missing you have a good shot of getting them to go next year.
- Target dormant members – Most attendees are first-timers.
- Reach a larger group – You reach more people than just those in attendance.
- Archive your event – Great content that can be re-purposed.
- Boost your bottom line – You can charge a fee to watch it live or watch the archive.
I’d like to add a few more to the list.
- It’s a great way to cut down on your travel costs! – For example, if you have to visit your dealers to show them your new product, you can live stream the new product at your facility and have your technical people there to answer any questions! (Our live streaming has a real-time question module.) You reduce your travel budget and you unveil your new product to your network all at once!
- How about a monthly town hall type meeting with the CEO? – Make your members feel more connected. Reduce your CEO’s time out of the office. Your members will feel more connected.
- Have a hot topic you need to communicate to your audience quickly? – Schedule a live event! Bring in experts and record the evnt for future on-demand viewing.
The possibilities are endless!
Now, for the small print, what are the gotchas? First, you should have a strong internet connection available so the live feed doesn’t fade in and out. Second, it takes 3-5 crew members for us to live stream an event. However, if you decide to charge for the event, then you can easily recoup the liv streaming expense and if you live stream a product launch, the cots come ay down as we can do this with only two team members!
Any questions? Contact us!